Maynard Fire Department Hiring Process
The Maynard Fire Department will be conducting a hiring process for the purposes of establishing a hiring eligibility list. The Maynard Fire Department has hired from every list it has established since 2012, and expects to hire from this list as well.
The Maynard Fire Department is committed to hiring the most capable and committed people possible to help protect the citizens of Maynard. As such we have outlined our hiring process below and it is expected that all candidates wishing to be placed on the upcoming list, will follow the directions for the process.
All applicants will submit the following:
- A completed application for employment
- A cover letter
- A resume with no less than three, non-relative references
The process for establishing a hiring list will include the following:
- Phase one will be a review of the candidate’s application, cover letter and resume including an active and valid email address.
- Candidates chosen to move on will then agree to take an entry level firefighter skills test.
- Candidates scoring satisfactorily will then be invited back for an oral board.
- Candidates successfully passing the oral board will be asked to write a specific essay on a topic to be announced, and placed on a list that may be utilized for up to two years.
Applications should be submitted by June 5, 2018 at 3:00 PM and mailed or hand delivered to:
Maynard Fire Department
Att: Chief Stowers
1 Summer Street
Maynard, MA 01754