The Maynard Fire Department will be conducting a hiring process for the purposes of establishing a hiring eligibility list. The Maynard Fire Department has hired from every list it has established since 2012.
The Maynard Fire Department is committed to hiring the most capable and committed people possible to help protect the citizens of Maynard. As such we have outlined our hiring process below and it is expected that all candidates wishing to be placed on the upcoming list, will follow the directions for the process. The Maynard Fire Department is an equal opportunity employer does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, gender expression, ancestry, military status religion, or sexual orientation.
All applicants will submit the following:
- A completed application for employment with signed background check release forms: see the MFD website for forms: https://maynardfd.com/resources/employment/
- A cover letter
- A resume with no less than three, non-relative references (Note: outline the specific duties and responsibilities for each position you list in your job history).
The process for establishing a hiring list will include the following:
- Phase one will be a review of the candidate’s application, cover letter and resume including an active and valid email address.
- Candidates chosen to move on will then agree to take an entry level firefighter skills assessment, including a writing assignment (Scheduled for September 16, 2020 .
- Candidates will be scored on their resume review with consideration being given to people with experience (not just time certified), skills assessment, writing prompt and other categories deemed important to the Maynard Fire Department.
- Candidates scoring satisfactorily will then be invited back for an oral board, and possibly a second oral board (Scheduled for September 23, or 30, 2020).
- Candidates successfully passing the oral board(s) will be placed on a list that may be utilized for up to two years.
Complete applications (incomplete applications will not be considered) should be submitted by September 9, 2020 at 3:00 PM and mailed or hand delivered to:
Maynard Fire Department
Att: Chief Stowers
1 Summer St.
Maynard, MA 01754