Maynard Fire Department Hiring Process
The Maynard Fire Department will be conducting a hiring process for the purposes of establishing a hiring eligibility list. The Maynard Fire Department has hired from every list it has established since 2012, and expects to hire from this list as well.
The Maynard Fire Department is committed to hiring the most capable and committed people possible to help protect the citizens of Maynard. As such we have outlined our hiring process below and it is expected that all candidates wishing to be placed on the upcoming list, will follow the directions for the process.
All applicants will submit the following:
- A completed application for employment
- A cover letter
- A resume with no less than three, non-relative references
- A compilation of essay questions based on the attached questions
- All applications to be received by 4 p.m. on August 2, 2017
The process for establishing a hiring list will include the following:
- Phase one will be a review of the candidate’s application, cover letter, resume and essays. We are looking for character over certifications, but it should be noted that experience is a plus and will be considered when rating candidates.
- Candidates chosen to move on will then agree to take a written, entry level aptitude test at a time and date to be announced (optional).
- Candidates receiving a score of 70% or better of the entrance test will be invited to a physical ability/skills review assessment. Candidates will not be reviewed on specific firefighting ability as much as they will be on their ability to perform general skills and follow directions.
- Candidates scoring satisfactorily will then be invited back for an oral board. Candidates successfully passing the oral board will be placed on a list that may be utilized for up to two years.